In my previous post, we saw a quick insight into how the XperiDo document dataset and templates can be configured. In this blog post, we will have a look at how to move the changes to the test environment.
Moving items between environments is called promotion. Following items can be promoted from development environment to a test environment. Items to promote could include document templates, data set, sample data, scripts
Steps to promote include:
- Select items (dataset, templates etc.) to promote to another environment
- Promote these to a file
- Import this file to another environment
Rule to be followed while promoting:
- Keep associated files of the dataset, templates, services together.
- Do not include the Base folder or the resources.xml file in the file to promote.
To create a promotion file, follow below steps:
- Open the XBintegrator Administrator Console.
- Connect to the server you wish to promote from.
- Find the Deployed items in the role that contains the project you want to promote from.
- In the above example, the role is called XperiDo.
- In the Deployed items folder, find the project that contains the files you want to promote.
- Right-click the project and choose Promote to file.
- A window pops up where you can select which items to promote.
- Choose which files you want to promote. Keep the rules in mind.
- The above example shows a promotion of all templates, data sets, samples and services.
- Once you have selected which files to promote, click “Next”.
- In the next step, click the folder button to choose a location and a name for your promotion file.
- Click Finish to finalize the promotion. The promotion file will now be saved.
To Import the promoted file, follow below steps:
- In the XBintegrator Administrator Console, click the Promote from file button.
- In the window that pops up, type the name of the project you want to promote the files to. Click Next to go to the next step.
- In the next step, click the folder button and select the previously created promotion file.
- Click Next. In the next step, select the roles/servers you wish to promote to.
- Click Next to start the promotion.
- Click Finish to end.
You have now successfully promoted files from one environment to another.
Implementation guide: http://support.xperido.com/x/MIBI
Installation guide: http://support.xperido.com/x/hxlB
Promoting items: http://support.xperido.com/x/thZB